High School Curriculum
How do St. Anthony's Students Spend their time?
Students in the Elementary Program are transitioned to the High School Program in the spring of their 8th-grade year. Transition includes a visit to their prospective High School including a tour of the facility, meeting staff and current students. Students can be transitioned as many times as necessary to help them become comfortable.
The High School program encompasses grades 9-12 and focuses on inclusion, social skills, and the student's transition to vocational development which is tailored to each student in its speed and direction.
Resource Rooms are staffed by a certified special education teacher, job coaches, and paraprofessional aides.
Staff & Student
- All teachers meet professional education requirements per the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and provisional religious certification with the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- All employees have clearances and attend training throughout the year.
High School Locations
- Inclusive Setting Inclusive classes are based on each individual student's ability to participate and supported when appropriate by paraprofessionals. These classes generally include religion, computer, chorus, art, gym and a variety of academic classes such as history and English.
- School Environment On average, 33% of the day is spent in vocational training, 33% inclusion, and 33% in Resource Room.
- Students travel to work sites at various businesses, where experienced job coaches transport the students and provide on-site support at the level needed for each student.
- Work is modified to appropriately challenge the students as their abilities increase.
- Functional academics, motor skills, and daily living activities are all taught to complement each student’s individual vocational development.
- Allows our students to interact socially with general education students during school and at various planned social activities and events after school hours.
- There are also opportunities for extracurricular activities such as school sports and clubs.
- Upon graduating High School, students can transition into the Post-Secondary Program to further their vocational development while interacting with same-age peers in a university setting.